Wednesday, October 21, 2015

eric's Dashboard | Presencing Institute U.School

eric's Dashboard | Presencing Institute U.School: It's weird, as sometimes I feel almost forced into the higher listening. Today I had to work out table at the Flea Market for an hour. Students coming up asking questions and wondering what the college is all about. So of course I'm sharing knowledge and feeling where people are at and what they really want to know. But then suddenly I flash into something more. Not just sharing knowledge or learning about sustainability. . . I'm connected to where their passion is and how they are ready to move into something more. So my questions shift and my attitude. Suddenly I'm excited and suggesting new ideas and ways to express and find their own new ideas. It was weird as soon one kid was commenting how I connected him with the next kid and how they could easily work together to develop something. So here I suddenly went from listening to their words to projecting new opportunities and benefits which were beyond the moment. Like I flashed into the future where they could do so much more and I was only a spectator, maybe just suggesting directions. It was weird as the kid noticed it and I had no idea. . . . I know I do that all the time, leading into new things where everyone benefits.