Wednesday, October 14, 2015

What Emerges for me!

I recently expressed to my wife a bit of what emerged for me this week.  It was really kinda weird, and I know some will think it's really nothing at all.  But it's just coming beyond reason.  The synergy and circumstances that come into my day are simply remarkable some times.  And it's one thing to set intentions and allow emergence, but it's really something totally different when things just get weird.

Every morning, I take my dog for a walk.  Behind my house is like 20 acres of City Park.  I've been trying to walk down to the river more, so my dog gets to run a bit more. . . I still will just sit on the lawn chairs and watch him.  But I knew he and I both needed to walk more.  Anyway, as I walk back home along the edge where the houses line up like my own, I noticed a few have a bunch of ferns growing along the fence line.  I thought it would be nice to get that started along my fence too.

Yesterday morning, as I walked out the back, with the dog running out ahead, I stopped, remembering the ferns.  I have a little mattock in my garden that would be easy to get some ferns.  As I turned back inside the gate, I saw a machete by our deck and grabbed it. . . Sure chop a bit, no problem.   As I walked over to the house, I started looking for runners, where the ferns spread out into the grass field away from the fence and the bordered yard.

I found a few that would soon be mowed over, that I could pull to plant in my yard.  And there on the ground behind the border where some ferns pulled out?  I picked one up.  It was still green, with clump of dirt around the roots still.  Then I noticed there were a bunch of them.  Like my neighbor had pulled all these ferns from somewhere else in his yard and threw them over the fence into the field.

Some neighbors have piles of brush along the fence, some have little borders.  I've planted a few beds for vegetables and set up lawn chairs.

WOW, so I went to get some ferns and found bunches there pulled-out, waiting for me to pickup.  There were a few other boarder plants I liked there too.  I never used my machete, but now have a bunch of ferns in water by my kitchen window.  I should be able to plant them all soon.

Something else almost as weird.  Last week, I raced out of my office.  A block down the street there is a stop sign, where I turn right, and then right again to get onto the main road into town.  As I made the first turn I noticed a police car sitting in the grass around the corner.  Course it started moving and soon the lights were on.  The officer asked me for my drivers license, registration and insurance card.  Yes, I know I didn't come to a "complete stop" at the stop sign.

Course then she said my insurance and registration cards were out of date.  I flipped through a dozen more from the glove box, as I add another every year, just printing and dropping into my box.  Nope couldn't find any up to date.  A few minutes later she came back and gave me two warnings.  She said I could have been given three tickets costing me over $500 in violations.

Yesterday, I raced out again for lunch.  As I pulled through the first turn.  I noticed a police car on the grass starting to move.  "OH, Shit" not again. . . and I kept going.  I soon noticed the cop stopped and DID NOT come out to ticket me.  As I was racing down the main road to lunch.  I stopped to think about the last time I was stopped by a cop.  Seems like they all ignore me, or only give me warnings, as  I seem to have several.  I was wondering if maybe something I did while working for the city of county got me labelled or something "do not ticket"!

Either way, it was all just weird.  Intention and emergence is just weird stuff, and I never can explain it or understand how these things happen.  But everyday I see something weird like this.  Some days a LOT more weird than other days!